This Scientist position will execute on client drug discovery projects as well as assist with the build-out of several novel drug discovery assays. This individual will utilize his/her expertise in cell biology to reproducibly generate several 2D and 3D cell culture models to be used in the company’s services. This individual will also be responsible for prioritizing and executing on both the development of new assays, the execution of client projects and generating content for co-marketing efforts with Visikol’s channel partners.
As an employee of Visikol, you will actively work with clients developing life-saving therapeutics as well as develop novel assay methods for answering complex biological questions. We recognize that our strength and competitive advantage lies primarily with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Expands Visikol’s 2D and 3D cell culture capabilities to several cell lines and develops SOP’s and processes to ensure quality and consistency.
· Collaborates with Visikol team to understand the companies’ cell culturing needs.
· Interprets study results and develops further recommendations on implications.
· Independently communicates results in the form of oral presentations at R&D meetings and study reports.
· Delivers updates to senior management in the context of project goals and results.
· Contributes to departmental administration; Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technology, external collaborations, and travel.
· Attends trade shows and conferences as well as taking an active role in customer discovery and sales.
· BS in Cell Biology or Molecular Biology with 0-4 years of industry experience or an MS in Cell Biology or Molecular Biology focused on cell culturing.
· Detailed understanding of the drug discovery process.
· Demonstrates a broad knowledge of field and has expertise in cell culturing.
· Experience with hypothesis generation and experimental design.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an interdisciplinary environment.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
· Skills in cell culturing, co-culturing.
· Generation of hypotheses and designing experimental approaches.
· Experience with confocal microscopy, and quantitative/qualitative image analysis a plus.
· Background in therapeutic discovery and understanding of drug discovery process.
· Works independently, and is also effective in working and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in a matrix setting.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
Visikol was founded to disrupt how drug discovery is conducted and applied and as such we are looking for change-makers and instigators. If you want to come to work every day to punch in and out and get a pay check, Visikol is not the right place for you. Instead, we want instigators who are motivated to improve drug discovery and who are truly excited by science and pushing the envelope on human understanding. When you apply to work at Visikol let us know why you stand out and what excites you about science.
Job - Research & Development
Primary Location – North Brunswick, NJ
Schedule - Full-time
Salary and Compensation:
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience/education.