HUREL® hepatic co-culture plates are shipped in a uniquely designed configuration to ensure temperature control and leakage prevention for the duration of shipment. Kindly follow our unpacking protocol for optimal use of our product.
- HUREL maintenance media (serum-containing media): 65ml per plate
- The serum-containing maintenance media is recommended to use for media change upon plate arrival and maintaining the culture plates (change media every 2 days) prior to assays. For long-term assays (> 7 day culture), the maintenance media is recommended to use for cell stability.
- HUREL dosing media (serum-free media): 65ml per plate
- The serum-free dosing media is recommended to use for assays that take up to 7 days. For drug clearance and metabolite generation assays, the media don’t need to be changed up to 7 days.
- HUREL® co-culture plates, Replacement lids, Unpacking & Maintenance Protocol, COA lot information, Packing slip
- Temperature recorder* (disposable): 1) Connect the temp recorder to PC USB port, 2) Go to the USB drive and find the pdf output file, 3) Email the pdf output file to firstname.lastname@example.org
*No software required. The temp. recorder will generate pdf output file automatically in the USB drive once connected
1.Take both medium bottles from shipping container and warm the medium bottle labeled Maintenance Media to 37°C
2. Carefully remove HUREL® hepatic co-culture plates from shipping container
Keep cell plate orientation as it is packed. DO NOT flip over plates
3. Transfer cell plates to biosafety cabinet
Only use cells under aseptic conditions
4. Follow “Unpacking HUREL® plate” (see below)
5. Remove the lid and peel off the sealing film
6. Aspirate the shipping media from the plates using the aspiration protocol detailed below and replace with 37°C warm Maintenance Media. Refer to the table “Incubation volume” below for recommended medium volume/well
7. Finally, put a sterile replacement lid on the co-culture plate and transfer to an incubator for incubation at 37°C and 5% CO2**
** Visikol recommends that the HUREL plates acclimate in an incubator overnight, however, for same day experiments, allow the cells to acclimate in an incubator for a minimum of at least 4 hours before use in an experiment. It is recommended to use the culture plate within 4 days of receiving and to change the plate’s media with the maintenance media every 2 days.