Associate Scientist – Job Description
At Visikol, our mission is to accelerate the discovery and development of therapeutics through transforming tissues into quantitative data sets that we mine for actionable insights. We do this through leveraging our imaging, image analysis, and advanced in vitro services that are based on a suite of proprietary software and cutting-edge research. As a company, we operate like a contract research services business and conduct contract research for the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
We are currently looking for an Associate Scientist to join our team that will be responsible for the execution of research projects for our clients and designing novel drug discovery assays. Specifically, we are looking for an Associate Scientist who can support complex in vitro assay services as well as imaging-based projects. This will be a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our team of Scientists on various drug discovery programs ranging from rare diseases to NASH and diabetes and everything in between.
We are looking for candidates that have the following skills and backgrounds:
- Great project management skills and the ability to manage several complex research projects simultaneously.
- An ability to troubleshoot complex assays and develop novel solutions for problems.
- Excellent presentations skills and the ability to communicate complex scientific findings with diverse audiences.
- A thorough understanding and demonstrated track record of designing, implementing, and reporting on assays to address specific research questions.
- Substantial wet lab experience running and interpreting assay results, 1 – 2 years of experience required.
- BS + 2-5 years of experience, MS + 1 year of experience
The candidate should have a strong background in several of the below fields:
- Routine mammalian cell culture – 3D cell culture a plus.
- Execution of in vitro assays.
- Experience immunolabeling and optimizing fluorescent labeling.
- Traditional histology – grossing, embedding, sectioning, staining.
- Fluorescent microscopy – confocal microscopy a plus.
- qPCR, ELISA
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do more than accept difference. We celebrate diversity, we support employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative environment where everyone’s talents and opinions contribute to the greater good and are always recognized.
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com for consideration by the Visikol team.