We recognize that labeling, clearing and imaging your tissues might be too time consuming or challenging for your lab and we are here to help. Through our 3Screen platform we offer standard whole mount imaging prices and rapid turn around time.
Standard Whole Mount Imaging - $500 per 1 mm tissue section
- 3 X 3 X 1 MM (X,Y,Z) tissue size
- One Visikol HISTO validated antibody + nuclear staining
- 10 µm z-step, 10X magnification, 9 stitched fields of 828x828 µm each, approx. 1,800 images (1104x1104px, 14-bit) TIF or DIB images (2 color channels)
- USB stick with data mailed to your address
- 2 week turn-around time from receipt of tissues to shipment of USB
How It Works
Step 1 - Order
Request a quote today, using the button to the right.
One of our scientists will reach out to you to discuss specific details about your experiment. Questions include: what tissue? What are you trying to measure? What labels are requested? How would you like data quantified?
Step 3 - Get Your Data
Visikol ships you USB drive with your data as .TIF or .DIB files for analysis.
For researchers that want new labels, larger tissues imaged or varying resolutions check out our additional services below.
|Standard tissue processing fee||$300||Per 1 mm section|
|Standard imaging fee (10X, 10 µm z step)||$200||Per 1 mm section|
|Premium imaging fee (10X, 5 µm z step)||$400||Per 1 mm section|
|Basic imaging fee (10X, 20 µm z step)||$100||Per 1 mm section|
|Validation of non-validated antibody
|Additional imaging channel (includes antibody/probe)||$250||Per 1 mm section|
|Image analysis services
|Imaging of tissues more than 1 mm thick
Call now to discuss your project with our scientists
1-800-615-8474 (ext 100)
Get a Quote Today
Or reach out directly
Why only a 1 mm section?
3D tissue imaging is possible to very deep depths with the use of tissue clearing. However, there are many limitations and challenges with imaging tissues past 1 mm in depth:
- Image stacks of larger tissue sections require special software and processing capabilities due to the extreme file size.
- Optimization and validation of immunolabeling on tissue sections >1 mm is very time consuming and costly.
- Confocal imaging past 1 mm is severely affected by axial distortion and special considerations must be made to normalize histograms from thick image sets.
- Imaging and labeling multiple adjacent 1 mm sections is much more efficient than imaging and labeling large contiguous blocks.
- Software can be used to stitch 1 mm sections together to achieve any desired thickness virtually.
- Upon request, we can image larger and thicker tissue sections, please reach out to us at email@example.com