At Visikol, our mission is to accelerate the discovery and development of therapeutics through transforming tissues into quantitative data sets that we mine for actionable insights. We do this through leveraging our imaging, image analysis and advanced in vitro services that are based on a suite of proprietary software and cutting-edge research. As a company, we operate as a contract services business and conduct contract research for the world’s leading pharmaceutical nad biotech companies. We are currently looking for a Scientist to join our team that will be responsible for the execution of contract research projects focused on advanced tissue imaging (e.g. multiplex imaging, confocal imaging) and routine tissue imaging (e.g. slide scanning, plate reading). Specifically, the Scientist would partner with our Clients to develop customized solutions and to execute imaging projects in the lab from conceptualization to labeling, imaging and image analysis.
This will be a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our team of Scientists to develop novel drug discovery technologies for use with our pharmaceutical Clients. We are open to broad backgrounds within the imaging and image analysis spaces but prefer candidates with wet lab experience, histology experience and specific image analysis competencies. Specifically, we are looking for Scientists that have the following skills and background:
- Great project management skills and the ability to manage several complex research projects simultaneously.
- An ability to troubleshoot complex assays and develop novel solutions for problems.
- Excellent presentations skills and the ability to communicate complex scientific findings with diverse audiences.
- A thorough understanding and demonstrated track record of designing, implementing and reporting on assays to address specific research questions.
- Substantial wet lab experience running and interpreting assay results.
- MS or PhD + 0-2 years of experience, BS with 2+ years of experience
The candidate needs to have a strong expertise in the following:
- Fluorescent microscopy – confocal microscopy a plus.
- CellProlifer, ImageJ, Python, Matlab.
- Experience immunolabeling and optimizing fluorescent labeling.
- Traditional histology experience – grossing, embedding, sectioning, staining.
Position is located in Hampton, NJ
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com for consideration by the Visikol team.