At Visikol, our mission is to accelerate the discovery and development of therapeutics through transforming tissues into quantitative data sets that we mine for actionable insights. We do this through leveraging our imaging, image analysis and advanced in vitro services that are based on a suite of proprietary software and cutting-edge research. As a company, we operate as a contract research services business and conduct contract research for the world’s leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies. We are currently looking for an Associate Scientist to join our team that will be responsible for the execution of research projects for our Clients and designing novel drug discovery assays. Specifically, we are looking for an Associate Scientist who can support complex in vitro assay services as well as imaging based projects. This will be a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our team of Scientists on various drug discovery programs ranging from rare diseases to NASH and diabetes and everything in between. Specifically, we are looking for candidates that have the following skills and background.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A thorough understanding and demonstrated track record of executing laboratory experiments.
- Substantial wet lab experience running and interpreting assay results.
- BS + 2-5 years of experience, MS + 1 year of experience
The candidate should have a strong background in several of the below fields.
- Routine mammalian cell culture – 3D cell culture a plus.
- Execution of in vitro assays.
- Experience immunolabeling and optimizing fluorescent labeling.
- Traditional histology – grossing, embedding, sectioning, staining.
- Fluorescent microscopy – confocal microscopy a plus.
- qPCR, ELISA
Position is located in Hampton, NJ
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by the Visikol team.