At Visikol, our mission is to accelerate the discovery and development of therapeutics through providing pharmaceutical and biotech companies with best-in-class imaging, image analysis and cell culture services. Today, we are integral to the discovery and development efforts at 13 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies as well as dozens of other companies. We are currently looking for a Histotechnician to join our team that will focus on slide preparation, whole mount tissue processing and supporting our digital pathology efforts. This will be a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our team of Scientists to develop novel drug discovery technologies for use with our pharmaceutical Clients. Specifically, the Histotechnician will be responsible for the following preclinical activities:
- Cuts tissue into ribbon sections using the microtome
- Gross tissue specimens as needed.
- Mounts tissue sections and prepares slides for microscopic examination.
- Prepares and stains slides according to established procedures for histochemical stains and immunohistochemical stains as requested.
- Works with scientific team to develop novel immunolabeling approaches for multi-channel fluorescent labeling
- Fixes selected specimens as approved by pathologist
- Prepares tissue for dehydration and embedding into paraffin blocks.
- Performs all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
- Execute slide scanning and routine data analysis.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of a CAHEA accredited histotechnology program or Associate’s degree with emphasis in biology and chemistry.
- 3 or more years experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and working at a fast-moving biotech company, please check out our guidelines for applying for careers and reach out to Michael Johnson
- Position is located in Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire