At Visikol, our mission is to accelerate the discovery and development of therapeutics through transforming tissues into quantitative data sets that we mine for actionable insights. We do this through leveraging our imaging, image analysis and advanced in vitro services that are based on a suite of proprietary software and cutting-edge research. We are currently looking for a Scientist to join our team that will focus on the development of several in vitro models/assays as well as the routine execution of client contract research projects. This will be a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our team of Scientists to develop novel drug discovery technologies for use with our pharmaceutical clients. Specifically, the Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Developing novel 3D cell culture models (e.g. primary cell- or cell line- derived spheroids, iPSC-derived organoids) for use in drug discovery assays.
- Conducting routine cell culture and generating plates of 3D cell culture models.
- Conducting quality control testing of 3D cell culture models.
- Executing contract research service projects for clients.
- Developing or expanding in vitro assay capabilities.
- Optimizing labeling and tissue clearing techniques for cell culture imaging.
The candidate should have a strong background in the following:
- Cell culture
- Routine in vitro assays
- Experimental design and trouble shooting
- 3 years of wet lab setting experience is required
- Imaging analysis experience using ImageJ or other software a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Leading end-to-end projects from study design to drawing conclusions and presenting
- qPCR, ELISA’s, immunolabeling, fluorescent imaging (confocal a plus)
Position is located in Hampton, NJ
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com for consideration by the Visikol team.